How many of you out there take your dog on a nice long walk each day? A lot of us do! But, I am certain there are a bunch of you who dread walking your dog. It’s understandable but let’s talk about some of the benefits in taking your furry animal for a walk.
- Physical exercise: Walks provide physical activity, which helps dogs maintain a healthy weight and keep their muscles strong. It is also good for you too!
- Mental stimulation: Walks provide mental stimulation, which helps prevent boredom and keeps dogs mentally engaged.
- Bonding: Walks are a great opportunity for owners to bond with their dogs, which can improve the overall relationship between them.
- Potty breaks: Walks provide dogs with the opportunity to relieve themselves, reducing the likelihood of accidents indoors. (Remember to take with you some poop bags!)
- Socialization: Walks give dogs the opportunity to interact with other dogs and people, which can help them become more well-adjusted and socialized.